The Token Takeoff is a Token take on the 'Aviation' cocktail. To achieve the unique purple colour in our version, we use a house-made 'magic' butterfly pea flower syrup, which naturally changes from blue to purple when it comes into contact with an acid like lemon juice.
This syrup is made from the petals of the butterfly pea flower. Not only does it add a beautiful colour to our cocktail, but it also infuses it with a sweet and slightly floral flavour that perfectly complements the other ingredients. It's truly a magical ingredient that takes this cocktail to the next level.
To keep your butterfly pea flower syrup fresh and delicious for up to a month, we recommend storing it in the refrigerator.
Let this bright and floral sip blast you into another stratosphere, and be sure to enjoy the ride!
- 1 oz Butterfly pea flower syrup
- 1 oz Lemon juice
- 1 oz Gin (optional)
- 1 ml Whyte Lavender bitters
- Soda water
- Fill a glass with ice and add a splash of soda water to the glass.
- Pour in 1 oz of gin (skip this step for mocktail option).
- Add 1 oz of our house-made butterfly pea flower syrup into the glass.
- Add 1 ml of Whyte Lavender bitters into the glass.
- Add 1 oz of fresh lemon juice into the glass.
- Do not stir the drink, so you get an ombre colour effect.
- Garnish with lemon or lavender. Or both!
- Enjoy the magical taste and beauty of your perfectly balanced Token Takeoff cocktail!