Position: Farmers' Market Sales Associate
Employment Type: Part-Time Hours: Up to 25 hrs per week
Hourly wage: $15 - $17 with 5% commission on daily sales.
No of positions: 4 to 6
Token Bitters is seeking confident, outgoing, and energetic individuals to fill our part-time role of Farmers' Market Sales Associate. An ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing all our farmers' markets. The goal of this role is to engage with the public to increase brand awareness and general sales in farmers' markets.
This position is perfect for someone who enjoys engaging in conversation, has a passion for local Edmonton-made products, has career ambitions in sales or marketing; someone who is reliable and can work independently. It's important to note that most of our markets require working on weekends, evenings, and working alone, where set up and take down of supplies and products is completed independently. Experience running farmers markets or sales experience is an asset.
- Coordinate and prepare all event supplies
- Set up and tear down event booths
- Count inventory before and after market
- Manage cleaning/ organization of the event supplies
- Actively interact with people and sell products
- Ensure any COVID-19 hospitality by-laws and rules are being followed
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Must have (or must be willing to get) Alberta Food Safety Basics for Farmers' Markets certification
- Experience in retail sales is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization capabilities
- Demonstrated responsible character
- Independent worker who needs little supervision
- Ability to work on your feet for hours
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 30 pounds unassisted
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com