Position: Market Manager
Token Bitters is looking for an experienced Market Manager to oversee the weekly operations of our summer market circuit. You will be the one to ensure the smooth running of all market days to maximize sales and maintain a good relationship with market organizers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in retail and will be outgoing and intuitive, with outstanding interpersonal skills. They will love working outside, meeting new people, and will be goal orientated. They will also be able to communicate effectively with Token's production department to keep markets stocked. As a manager, they will also be responsible for scheduling extra staff where needed, and communicating with Token's HR department regarding the submission of timesheets, etc.
The goal is to manage our summer market season, boost revenues and develop B2C relationships.
- Set up all markets on time, work for duration of market shift, tear down market
- Organize extra staff as needed, including on days when Market Manager cannot be present
- Communicate with production department to constantly stay stocked up
- Drive sales so that the majority of market days are profitable, after tent fees, wages and COGS
- Adhere to all market rules respectfully
- Manage cash and Square system, be able to do cash-outs and inventory reports
Requirements and Skills
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle that can accommodate gear, including market tent
- Must have retail experience
- Experience managing a team an asset
- Experience working in a farmer's market an asset
- Ability to store some product in home or garage an asset
- Mobile phone that is capable of running Square POS App
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- A genuine appreciation of meeting new people
- Knowledge of retail management best practices
- Must be available on evenings and weekends
Hours & Compensation
Hours TBD, but will most likely be Thursday evenings, Saturdays & Sundays during the day.
Approximately 20 hours a week.
Position starts at $18/hr plus commission or $21/hr with no commission.
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com